Amherst Chiropractic Resources: Your Body
Your body is a amazing machine!
Did you know that, for the average adult in the average day:
- You exercise 7 million brain cells
- Your heart beats 103,689 times
- Your hair grows .01717 of an inch
- Your blood travels 299, 337, 984 kilometers
- Your nails grow 0.436118 millimeters
- You move 750 major muscles
- You inhale 12.4 cubic meters of air
- You speak 48,000 words
- You eat 1.47 kilograms of food
- You turn in your sleep 25-30 times
- You drink 1.31 kilograms of liquids
- You give off 29.8 degrees C of heat
- You lose 3.53 kilograms of waste
- You perspire 676.6 millilitres!
This amazing machine is capable of performing all these functions without you having to even think about it. But: only as long as your nervous system is clear from interference. A vertebral subluxation causes interference in the nervous system, thus diminishing your bodie's capability of performing these innate functions. Chiropractors are the only professionals trained to remove vertebral subluxations, thus allowing the body to function at 100%. So ask yourself this, what positive thing have you done for your body today?
Chiropractic Links | Clients and Friends | Your Amazing Body